AB Dynamics was founded by Anthony Best in 1982 as a vehicle engineering consultancy.
Since then, we have significantly enhanced our capabilities and capacities to retain our unique position in the rapidly evolving global automotive market.
- AB Dynamics Group acquires VadoTech Group, a leading supplier of automotive testing services in the Asia Pacific region, headquartered in Singapore with key operations in China, Germany and Japan.
- AB Dynamics launches the LaunchPad 80 vulnerable road user test platform, enabling ADAS testing with motorcycle targets at 80km/h.
- AB Dynamics opens its Engineering Design Centre at its UK headquarters.
- Expansion of DRI's test facility near Bakersfield, California enabling additional test types and more concurrent testing.
- The GST 120 Guided Soft Target ADAS test platform is launched. An important development, it enables safe ADAS and Autonomous Vehicle testing at speeds up to 120km/h.
- rFpro introduces Data Farming - a means of digitally identifying objects used in simulation, eliminating the need for manual annotation of test data.
- Successful launch of the Halo driving robot which is ideal for testing Emergency Steering Support (ESS) systems.
- Static driving simulator launched providing the Group with a comprehensive simulator offering.
- Two new products launched – the ANVH 250 for optimising prototype axle systems early in the design process and the Ground Traffic Control – a solution for full proving ground management.
- The Group undertook a successful share placing raising £48m, allowing the acquisition of rFpro - a leading developer of engineering grade simulation software and digital twins, and Dynamic Research, Inc. - a leading supplier of automotive engineering test products and services.
- Established three new international locations in Japan, USA and Germany, now occupying 9 locations across 4 countries.
- Work commences on two new purpose-built facilities in the UK.
Dr. James Routh appointed CEO, refocussing the strategic priorities of the business and developing the senior management team.
The Group moved into a new £9m purpose-built facility in the UK and opened an office in Germany.
The Group launched the aVDS - Advanced Vehicle Driving Simulator which allows meaningful testing far earlier in the vehicle development process.
The Company floats on the AIM stock exchange in London, becoming a publicly traded company - AB Dynamics plc.
The Company launched and supplied their first ADAS target, the SCT, to Daimler. The ADAS target range has since expanded to include the GST and LaunchPad
The Company developed brake and throttle robots, a path-following system and the Driverless Test System which allows vehicles to be driven under robotic control without anyone onboard. The first system was supplied to Renault.
The Company developed its first product - the Suspension Parameter Measurement Machine (SPMM), supplied to MIRA and currently still in use.
Anthony Best Dynamics Ltd founded by Tony Best supplying noise, vibration and suspension engineering services and software.